Saturday, May 29, 2010

talked to the doc...

and there's good news and bad news.

good news first: so far, the blood culture is negative, which means that, at this time, sepsis has been ruled out. so that's AWESOME!!!!

bad news: urine culture was positive, which means we're looking at a UTI. we're staying in hospital for now, at least until we have sensitivities, and then we'll know which med will work. i had to delve waaaaay back into my memory and inform the doc that Septra has never worked for a UTI for asher, so she'll know that, even if it's sensitive to that, not to bother with that and to try something else. she also mentioned some imaging. he had a VCUG waaaaaay back in the way, and it was negative for reflux (basically, backflow in the urinary tract), but dr filler had said that if asher had another UTI he'd order another VCUG and possibly nuclear cystogram (sp?) because sometimes a VCUG can give a false negative. i'll keep you posted.

thanks so much for the prayers so far, and please continue to hold us in the Light for the next little while. i'll continue to keep you posted.

1 comment:

Hope's Blog said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Asher loves to throw wrenches a lot for you. Praying he will be home again soon.