Wednesday, February 17, 2010

yet another specialty for me to learn about... (because we all know i will!)

http://www.childrensdiscovery.org/content/chdc/featuredarticles.htm?page_id=51&inCtx13news=2&site_id=1&inCtx13view=2&inCtx13news_id=1&minor=0&major=1&inCtx13pg=0

when asher was first diagnosed, his glucose was waaaaaaaaay off. i figured (as did the STEGH docs) that it was due to dehydration (from vomiting and refusing to nurse all night). but now this has me thinking... and digging through my medical dictionary... and wondering if i can call the doc i know who specializes in paeds diabetes (and immuno. yeah, same doc, lotsa specialties. my kind of doc! lol). i'm thinking i need to learn more now...

if you have any books on endocrine stuff that i could borrow while in toronto, please let me know. i'm not joking (though i am laughing at myself as i type this).

No comments: